Thursday, March 21, 2019

An inspiration to write: Pune Jesuit Booklet




To initiate and publish "Pune Jesuit Booklet" emerged during my annual retreat in Panchgani this year 2018, three basic questions confronted me: “What have I done for Christ? What am I doing for Christ?and What more can I do for Christ?” it stirred something deep within me. Allowing the Spirit to be the source of pragmatic inspiration, I thought of a small booklet to be published. It centers on the Jesuits and our work in the Pune Jesuit Province. This thought continued coming to me even though I concluded my retreat. My brother Jesuits in their respective communities silently influenced me. By the world they do and the change they bring in society. Change that deserves to be seen, spoken of, commended and even replicated.


St. Ignatius of Loyola said, ‘Any pious thought has to be tested with fire and reality.’ I reached Sanjeevan and brought up the idea of a ‘Pune Jesuit Booklet’ with our Provincial, Fr. Andrew Fernandes SJ. I had assumed that he would need time to think about it, but I was encouraged when he promptly said, “Go ahead with your plants; I shall confirm it in the Province Consult.” It was confirmed, and the discernment completed.

God’s ways are not our ways. We are only instruments in God’s hands. God leads us, directs us and urges us continuously to collaborate meaningfully. This booklet is an attempt to portray Pune Jesuits and highlight our apostolates. We shall savour this spiritual endeavour and if God wills it, strive for subsequent publications. It is together with other Jesuit priests and scholastics and lay-partners in mission. The two-fold purpose of this publication is to put on display the vibrancy of the Pune Jesuits and in turn inspire youth to surrender cheerfully to the Lord.

Fr. Robert Das SJ




No comments:

Post a Comment

Birth of Pune Jesuit Province from Poona Mission (1854-)

St. Ignatius of Loyola together with his other founding companions  Francis Xavier, Alfonso Salmeron, Diego Lainez, Nicolas Bobadilla, Pet...